CORD:USE also operates a public cord blood bank, which is partnered with Duke University and is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT). CORD:USE Public Bank has been chosen, by the HRSA of the U.S. Department of Health, along with other leading banks such as those operated by M.D. Anderson and Duke University, as one of the nation's highest quality cord blood banks to help build the National Cord Blood Inventory. Public cord blood banks are regulated by stringent guidelines.
National Marrow Donor Program Be the Match® has stated that each day physicians for more than 6,000 men, women, and children are searching their registry for a potentially life-saving cord blood or bone marrow stem cell match16.
Beginning in 2008, the number of cord blood transplants facilitated by the National Marrow Donor Program has been approximately the same as the number of bone marrow transplants17.
Our public bank cord blood inventory is comprised of high quality, ethnically-diverse cord blood units. Through the National Marrow Donor Program, our public bank supplies these potentially life-saving cord blood units for patients at the leading transplant centers across the country and world.
16 - HRSA, Health resources and services administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. [Available at http://www.hrsa.gov/ourstories/organdonation/ (accessed Oct 13, 2015)].
17 - NMDP transplants by cell source. Minneapolis,MN: National Marrow Donor Program,2014. [Available at https://bethematchclinical.org/Transplant-Therapy-and-Donor-Matching/Cell-Sources/ (accessed Oct 13, 2015).]
CORD:USE Public Donation Hospital Partners
CORD:USE operates public cord blood collection sites at hospitals across the U.S.
If you are delivering at any of the hospitals below and want to donate your baby’s cord blood, please discuss this with your obstetrician or the CORD:USE staff at the hospital.
- Scottsdale – HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center
- Los Angeles - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Newark – Christiana Care Hospital
- Altamonte Springs – Florida Hospital Altamonte
- Hollywood - Memorial Regional Hospital
- Miami – Baptist Hospital
- Miami - South Miami Hospital
- Miramar - Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Orlando – Florida Hospital Orlando
- Orlando - Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies
- Pembroke Pines - Memorial Hospital West
- Winter Park - Florida Hospital
- Dearborn - Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center (Beaumont Hospital – Dearborn)